16 February 2009

How my funeral may be conducted...

So far, the evidence indicates that I will die someday. So far, the evidence indicates that someone will bury my body.

Let it be known that any useful organs in my dead body may be used for saving someone's life. That's my wish. Let it be known that for any ceremony related to my death, no god should be mentioned. Mentioning god or having a prayer is against my wish.

If I ever become famous, anyone wants to celebrate my birthday, again, no god or prayer may get involved. That's my wish.

I cannot extend my own wish to other people, but I guess most atheist will agree with me on the point of no religious service should be involved.
"The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma."

- Abraham Lincoln, American president (1809-1865).


It would be ironic if Lincoln birthday celebration be opened with a prayer. That would be most insulting to this great USA president.

[Note: There may be controversy whether Lincoln died as an atheist. Again, I can only speak for myself. An atheist, like me, requires evidence to prove the existence of an imaginary friend. An intellect like Lincoln would certainly demand evidence for him to belief in a god. The fact that he reads a bible, like me, I also read the bible, does not constitute evidence about him becoming a christain. In fact, for me at least, the more I read the bible, the less chance that I will become a christain.]

No comments:

Post a Comment