17 December 2009

Dr? Hovind

Kent Hovind's PhD dissertation (submitted to Patriot University on 25th May, 1991) was leaked to the Internet. The scholarship was ... Sorry, the wrong word. The writing was grade two according to a comment on The Private Bay. The Introduction starts like this:
Hello, my name is Kent Hovind. I am a creation/science evangelist. I live in Pensacola, Florida. I have been a high school science teacher since 1976....

This is the FIRST time I read a PhD dissertation starts like that!

Now on the first 'serious' part of a dissertation presented for a degree:
THE HISTORY OF EVOLUTION
Where in the world did the idea come from that things left to themselves can improve with time? Who would start a crazy idea like that? This idea is the opposite of everything we observe in the world today. For instance, all the highways in our nation today left to themselves decay, deteriorate, and fall apart....

Evolution was in a book called The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin. Hey, when writing a thesis, do the research, find the answer and cite the reference!
Let me just quickly answer the question why highway decays without constant human intervention - because highway is built AGAINST nature.

I cannot read the rest of the BS. I felt very sorry for the children who have been taught by this man. These children would be better off having no teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment